The third edition of the Annual Health Awards, jointly organized by DHA and HEALTH Magazine, honors His Highness Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Member of the Supreme Council UAE and Ruler of Ajman as the ‘Personality of the Year’ and awards 18 distinguished organizations, 24 outstanding professionals and 11 healthcare trendsetters at the highly successful event in Dubai attended by 1000+ people.
Dubai, March 18, 2019: Winners of the third edition of the Annual Health Awards were awarded at a star-studded gala event at the Grand Hyatt Dubai on Monday, March 18, 2019. Jointly organized by Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and HEALTH Magazine, the event – the region’s biggest and most comprehensive annual awards for the healthcare sector – brought together more than a thousand healthcare leaders and professionals from the UAE’s private and public sectors.
His Highness Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Member of the Supreme Council UAE and Ruler of Ajman was honored as the ‘Personality of the Year’ as a tribute to His Highness’ visionary and dynamic leadership, as part of HEALTH Awards 2019. The citation was presented to His Highness at a separate ceremony, by His Excellency Humaid Al Qutami, Chairman of the Board and Director-General of the Dubai Health Authority in the presence of Dr. Thumbay Moideen, Founder President of Thumbay Group and Publisher of HEALTH Magazine.
His Excellency Humaid Al Qutami, in the presence of Dr. Thumbay Moideen presented the Annual Health Awards 2019 to 42 winners in 24 categories including private and public sector organizations and individuals, as well as 11 legendary dignitaries – for their pioneering roles in shaping the healthcare industry of the region.
The event was also graced by the presence of Emirati internet star Mr. Khalid Al Ameri, former Miss World Manushi Chhillar, Bollywood celebrity Sonu Sood, social media influencers Salama Mohamed, Jumana Khan, Ajmal Khan and Farhana Bodi and Miss World Egypt 2018 Mony Helal.
Congratulating the winners, H.E. Humaid Al Qutami said that every year, the Annual HEALTH Awards aims to honor outstanding achievements in healthcare, and to promote healthcare best practices. Noting that the number of nominations received this year had more than doubled compared to the previous edition, he urged increased participation from healthcare professionals and organizations in future editions.
Dr. Thumbay Moideen said that the 2020 edition of the Annual HEALTH Awards would also include the Gulf and the wider Middle East region, adding that many more corporate and individual healthcare categories were planned to be included in the next edition.
Ten distinguished healthcare trendsetters were honored with special awards as part of the Annual Health Awards 2019, in recognition of their invaluable contributions to the region’s healthcare industry. The awardees were: H.E. Hamad Taryam Al Shamsi, Mr. Ali Reza, Dr. Abdulrahim Mustafawi, Dr. Jumana Belhoul, Dr. Sayed Jaffar, Dr. Azzan Bin Brik, Dr. Hajar Hosani, Dr. Hussain Abdulrahman, Dr. Aisha Sultan, Dr. Nadia Al Bastaki and Ms. Amal Al Shamlan.
List of Winners
Distinguished Hospital/ Healthcare Centre/Other Agencies
- Mafraq Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- NMC Specialty Hospital, Dubai
- DHA-Medical Fitness Clinics, Dubai
- Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic, Dubai
Laboratory & Radiology Services:
- Prime Healthcare Group – Diagnostic Services, Dubai
- DHA-Pathology & Genetics Dept, Dubai
- Advantage Sports UAE
- Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai
- DHA-Dental Services Department, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Life Balance Shoes Trading LLC Abu Dhabi
Treating People of Determination:
- DHA-Primary Health Care Sector – Dubai
- Life Pharmacy LLC, Dubai
- Ahalia Group Pharmacies, Abu Dhabi
Medical Insurance Companies:
- Oman Insurance Company, Dubai
Medical Equipment & Supplies Providers:
- Star Key Hearing, LLC, Abu Dhabi
Medical Education Provider:
- MOH-Training and Development Centre, Sharjah
Leaders in Healthcare:
- Dr. Anna Zickerman, Owner & Medical Director, Upandrunning Sports Medical Centre
- Dr. V. S. Gopal, Founder & MD, Ahlia Medical Group
Executives in Healthcare:
- Dr. Mohamed Rafique. P, Medical Director, Prime Hospital
- Dr. Amin Al Amiri, Asst. Undersecretary for Medical Practice and License Sector, UAE Ministry of Health
- Dr. Manal Mohammad Omran, CEO, Primary Health Care Sector – DHA
Innovative Researchers in Healthcare:
- Hamid Yahya Hussain, Consultant, Physician & Professor, DHA
- Professor Asma Deeb, Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mafraq Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Dr. Taisser Atrak, Director-Pediatrics & Neonatal ICU, Mafraq Hospital, AUH
- Dr. Marlain Mubarak, Consultant-OB & Gynec, Canadian Specialist Hospital, DXB
- Dr. Batool Al Balooshi, Consultant, Dubai Hospital/DHA, DXB
- Dr. Iftikhar Ahmad Jan Muhammad Suleman, Consultant & Acting Division Chief Pediatric Surgery, Mafraq Hospital, AUH
- Dr. Amit Nagpal, Specialist Opthalmologist Vitreo, NMC Specialty Hospital, DXB
- Dana Yousif AlRaeesi, Endodontist, MOHAP
- Riyas Jamaluddin, Clinical Director, Smilecare Medical Center LLC
- Dr. Ajit Kumar, Consultant Neurologist & Regional Medical Director, NMC Medical Specialty, Dubai
- Dr. Fiona Desira, Clinical Director, Child Early Intervention Medical Center
- Naheed Kapadia Tariq, Senior Specialist, Latifa Women & Children Hospital, DXB
- Paul Cheung, Chiropractor, Up and Running Medical Centre, DXB
Women in Healthcare:
- Shamsa Abdulla Ali Bin Hammad, COO, Medcare Women & Children Hospital
- Hamda Sultan AlMesmar, Director and Consultant, Dental Services Dept., DHA
- Hibah Shata, MD (Child Early Intervention Medical Center)
- Lwza Mohammed, Unit Manager, MOHAP
- Dalal Darabseh, Director of Nursing, Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai
- Preetha Harilal, In-Patient Pharmacist, NMC Specialty Hospital
About HEALTH Magazine
HEALTH Magazine is a leading health & lifestyle publication in the region, launched in 1999. It is highly regarded and read by a large segment of healthcare professionals and general public in the region and globally. It is a bi-monthly, bi-lingual (English and Arabic) magazine with a BPA-audited circulation of 20,000 copies and a readership of around 80,000. It is licensed by the National Media Council, UAE. It covers a variety of topics such as health, lifestyle, wellness, fitness, beauty, family, parenting, diet, nutrition, luxury and fashion